Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Menu: Jan. 24th-27th


MONDAY

Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos


*2/$25*


"We loved last nights dinner!  Definitely would do again!" - Karen

Soft tacos with crispy shrimp tossed with a spicy creamy Bang Bang sauce over cilantro rice, black beans, tomatoes, salad and a cumin cilantro sauce. 



TUESDAY


Larb Gai w/ Sticky Rice & Green Papaya Salad

"I LOVE the larb.  It's so tasty.  I was a little hesitant about the papaya
salad since I don't really like papaya, but I love it.  It's crunchy and
doesn't taste anything like papaya.  It's just a little bit too spicy for
me, but I still ate it.!" - Irene


 Larb Gai is a ground chicken salad made with fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, shallots, and scallions.  What makes it very unique is the roasted rice powder that adds a slight roasted nutty flavor.  It is mandatory to eat Larb with sticky rice.  (In a Thai home, you actually use your hands to bunch up the sticky rice with the larb and just eat it utensil-free.)  And since we're eating sticky rice, you might as well throw in some sweet and tangy green papaya salad.  Warning, the papaya salad is slightly spicy due to the fresh red chili peppers.  But no worries, it is no where close to Thai spicy!



WEDNESDAY


                   
Greek Chicken Salad w/ Penne Pasta & Spring Salad


Large cubes of tender juicy chicken breasts tossed with a Greek garlic and herb yogurt sauce.  The yogurt used here is fat free and cholesterol free!  Enjoy this with a whole wheat penne salad and a spring salad mix with honey mustard vinaigrette.



THURSDAY

Grilled Vietnamese Meatballs w/ Rice Noodles

"The meatballs were very delicious. Even my 2 kids (who really only like chicken nuggets) loved them. The combination of rice noodles, salad and fish sauce blended very well."--Ramona

"Ai, everyone I shared my dinner with last night thought the meatball dinner was delicious! I know I will be ordering more for my family and friends. My husband who was skeptical to eat food that "he did not know where it came from"  ate it and WOW, was he surprised. He asked me for more dinner which I had no more. So thanks for such a great meal."--Hilda

Ground Turkey marinated with fish sauce, garlic, onions, carrots and scallions, formed into meatballs and grilled. Enjoy with rice noodles on top of a bed of greens, and shredded red/green cabbage, and carrots. Topped with scallions, cilantro, crushed peanuts and Vietnamese fish sauce vinaigrette.

* Peanuts packed separately.

Instructions:
Place greens on bottom, followed by rice noodles and meatballs. Top with crushed peanuts, scallions, cilantro and fish sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment