Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Menu: Mar. 28th - 31st




MONDAY




Lemongrass Chicken w/ Steamed Rice & Veggie Stir Fry

"Dinner was yummy! Everyone else missed out!" - Nicole

Get ready for a fantastic fantastic treat.  This is old school lemongrass chicken.  You may have a hard time finding this at restaurants.  Skinless chicken thighs are deboned then cooked with the bones, carmelized onions, garlic and lemongrass until it looks like what you see in the pic- a sweet, savory pot of tender chicken sitting in a sauce that I call liquid gold.  You will want to pour it all over your rice it's so good.  This is a dinner I can guarantee you will not have any leftovers.   


TUESDAY

 *Grilled Salmon w/ Pineapple Salsa, Coconut Brown Rice 
& Sweet Sesame Spinach Salad

Grilled salmon topped with a sweet and tangy pineapple salsa.  The sticky coconut brown rice is so good, it can almost pass as dessert.  Finish off with a healthy spinach and mushroom salad with a sweet sesame dressing. 


WEDNESDAY


*Shrimp & Veggie Tempura w/ Japanese Rice
& Miso Soup


"The meal last night was awesome!!! I would have eaten the whole thing if my kids didn't fight over it!!! LOL We loved it and we will definitely order that again!!! My oldest daughter did not finish her plate of food so my youngest slid it over and finished it for her!!! LOL This is definitely one of my favorite meals!!" -Lydia 


"My husband and I absolutely loved the Shrimp and Veggie Tempura.  The green beans were wonderfully crispy, the best I think I've ever had." - Susan

"The shrimp/veggie tempura was wonderful!!  Not a morsel left :) Actually everything was really good...rice and soup as wellIt was the best miso soup we've ever had." - Karen

 
This is one of my favorite things to eat--Tempura with a bowl of steamy sticky Japanese rice and a sweet tempura dipping sauce.   Reheat tempura in the oven at 375 until crispy.  While you're waiting, you can sip on a hot bowl of miso. 


THURSDAY


Country Chicken Salad w/ Wild Rice & Green Beans

Grilled chicken salad made with olive oil and mayo, topped with cranberries, sweet and crunchy pecans and crispy bacon!  There should be lots of ooo's and ahhh's tonight at the dinner table!


No comments:

Post a Comment